Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Motorcycle-themed man cave

Blog post typed up over lunch then e-mailed to the blog, hopefully it goes up well…

Saw a TV show this weekend about “man caves”…I know, it sounds horrible, but stick with me.  It’s about men’s garages and TV rooms and game rooms and such, if you haven’t seen it.  They transform mediocre rooms into great areas for said “man” to spend time.

Anyway, I found my future project.  I’m not sure if this will be before or after the next “JB Garage Mahal”, but I love it.  They took an obviously rarely-used 3 season room (which I have, right down to the rarely used aspect) and transformed it into a motorcycle-themed man cave.  (Granted I don’t have the motorcycle right now, but that’s a work-in-progress which will have a happy ending.)

They took out the windows, put in some real insulated walls with smaller windows.  They put a small garage door and a ramp on one side of the room, a sweet heavy-duty hardwood floor throughout and a “Cycle Spinner” so you can store your bike right inside, then easily spin it around to pull it back out without having to do a 20-point turn.  Check out the website at www.cyclespinner.com . 

Then of course a nice couch and a big screen TV on the other side, and a shelf around the entire room at about eye level so the guy could put all his collectibles up.  He was a Harley guy, which I’m not, but this is an idea I can get behind.

I might even be able to get SWMBO behind the idea someday.  (SWMBO is motorcycle-lingo for the wife, or She Who Must Be Obeyed). J  I only need one room out of 15, right?




2 comments:

  1. LMAO, good luck with that. sounds awesome for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh ye of little faith!

    Maybe in a couple decades?

    ReplyDelete