Thursday, April 22, 2010

Getting healthy again

The cycle continues, I'm back on my health kick.  Well, at least the INTENTION of a health kick.  I'm at the point where I'm ready to get back into shape and start running and doing P90X again, but I just can't seem to make the time.  Between work, a 1 hour (one-way) commute, quality time with the kids, their baseball, softball, soccer and the regular stuff that needs done around the house I just can't get it started!

The lovely wife and I have figured out that the best (and only) way to get it done and still get enough sleep is to go to bed at 9:00pm and get up at 4:30am to work out.  We started this week and never successfully worked out.  Turns out, the kids don't care that you need to be up at 4:30, they still will wake up for a couple hours or they won't go to bed when they're supposed to.

How do parents do it?  I see some who maintain their athleticism by neglecting their kids or shoving them off on the other parent - I can't do that.  I need to be a father and husband first, then an athlete - so no time for the golf league or softball team for the moment.  What do you do to NOT become pathetic until you can kick in a workout regime?

Maybe we need to just run with the kids every night.  No, that won't work, because by the time dinner settles and we can run, they're getting ready for bed!

I'm stumped!  I want to be healthy and fit!

We'll keep trying for the 4:30 wake-up call to fitness and let you know how it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment