Saturday, November 19, 2011

2011 Hyundai Elantra review, continued

As it turns out, the new 2011/2012 Hyundai Elantra is capable in the snow, once you replace the "ice skate tires" that come from the factory...PROVIDED you live in an area that doesn't regularly get >6" of snow...which I do.
I realized it was a bad choice when I was going 40 mph SIDEWAYS looking at another car doing the SAME THING coming right at me. We both got it straightened out in time, but yikes!
I basically bought a remarkably inefficient snowplow of a car, so it had to go. Erie and northwest Pennsylvania snows combined with my 50 mile one-way commute to make this car a bad choice. It stinks, because it's a great car.
Hope this helps anyone out there that lives in an extreme snow belt looking at an 11/12 Hyundai Elantra.
We picked up a 2009 Honda Pilot. I feel better already.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the link for the forum, John! That should save some Hyundai-drivers from a trip to the mechanics to fix car issues, which they can actually resolve by themselves. Have a great day!

    Damon Sherman @ Butler Hyundai

    ReplyDelete