Monday, September 15, 2014

The Erie Marathon


26.2 miles in 2014, we finished! The weather was perfect, and since they capped the race at 1,500 runners it wasn't incredibly packed. 

This is a great race, but bring your mental toughness too!  2 Laps of Presque Isle, and this race is FLAT!  Not many fans in the outer loop so you need to motivate yourself most of the time. Apparently in the past this race left Presque Isle for half the race and came back down to the shore to finish. I kind of wish that were still the case but beggars can't be choosers. :-). 

I can't say enough about the volunteers and the aid stations. These folks are dedicated and excited to help. 

I wore the Altra Olympus for this race, same ones I wore for the HHNH 30k trail race. They were perfect. Not one blister after 26.2 miles, I know a lot of people who can't say that!  

Seriously, zero drop, mid to forefoot strike and higher cadence...those three things redefined my running this year. Ping me if you want to know more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment