Sunday, July 6, 2014

Hell Hath No Hurry trail race review


Last weekend, I ran in the 2nd Hell Hath No Hurry trail race in Pittsburgh, PA. It's a 10k loop in Settler's Cabin park. I did the 30k (18.3 miles), but they also had a 10k, 50k and a 50 miler. 


This was my first trail race and I really enjoyed it. I'll admit that it was brutal though!  


Some pics of the trails that I took while I was running:







Some of the pics are fuzzy because, well, I was running. 


There were some brutal sections, especially because of the rain earlier in the week. One section was steep, muddy, long and flowing water. Anyone who ran it knows exactly what section I'm talking about!  The steep grassy uphill toward the end was particularly tough for me in the hot sun. All in all, it was a great trail though, it had some of everything!


This is the trail map and elevation map:


And this is me at the end, in 5:02:46:


They do a really nice job organizing this race, I'd highly recommend it. I'll be there next year. The trail was really well marked. The volunteers were awesome, the aid stations were great. I can't wait to do it again!


I love how encouraging and friendly trail runners are, it's very different from road races. 


Plus, how cool is the trophy?


If you've never run a trail race and you're on the fence, give the 10k a try. Otherwise, run a long one!  I'd highly recommend this race, it's a great time.  Everything you need to know is on www.hellhathnohurry.org or follow the race on Facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment