Friday, January 6, 2012

Adventure motorcycling

Well, I have to admit that I continue to be intrigued by adventure bikes. I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm spending way too much time at night lurking on www.advriders.com .

Most of the adventure bikes that I'm interested in are too pricey for me right now (BMW's and Triumphs), but based on my 50 mile one-way commute and the area I live in, I really like the 2012 V-Strom 650 ABS Adventure.


I'm reading reviews on it and it seems to improved over the previous version. Plus there weren't a whole lot of complaints about the previous version!

45-50mpg, hard cases standard and ABS in a sub-$10k bike ($9,975 for the ADV)seems like a good deal.

I'll keep reading and thinking, I have time. Snow is still flying in nortwest PA.

No comments:

Post a Comment