Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dream ride

I had such a vivid dream last night.  I walked up to what was apparently MY motorcycle.  A clean, red/black, brand new and beautiful Honda CBR600RR.  I threw a leg over the seat, put on a helmet I didn’t recognize (not one of the helmets I own now), and put on my old riding gloves.  Fired it up, snicked it down into 1st and pulled away onto a ridiculously smooth road.

 

I could literally feel myself revving it, clicking through the gears and getting more comfortable with every turn.  I could feel the breeze; I could hear the air in my helmet.  I started getting my knee down on some of the turns, and every time I’d start to slow for a turn I’d see someone I knew…just standing on the side of the road.  They’d wave, I’d wave.  I wasn’t going extraordinarily fast but it felt like I was flying. 

 

I saw someone from grade school (the older brother of a kid in my grade), someone from college (a fraternity brother), someone I worked with (a peer in software, we had the same job) – people I hadn’t thought about in years or decades.  I got up to what felt like was right now, I slowed down for a turn and I could see all my kids and my wife waving to me, smiling and yelling.  I immediately braked; I could feel the motion in my right hand and foot.  I stopped for kisses as if it were planned.

 

I put my helmet back on, pulled away, and then came to a T with a stop sign.  To the left, there was a straightaway as far as I could see.  To the right, a twisty road that led up into the mountains.  I could see a decent size bump in the road in front of me, so I stood up on the bike as I started to turn right.  I cleared it, straightened the bike and opened the throttle…and the alarm went off.

 

Man, I hope I have that dream again.  I want to see the mountains.  It’s not overly disappointing though, because the ride was fantastic up to the T.

 

What’s my point?  I don’t know.  It certainly isn’t to slow down and smell the roses.  All I get out of this is:  Stop for kisses.  Then take the twisty road.

 

Awesome dream.  I have great dreams sometimes but they’re rarely this vivid. 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment